End-to-end QoS deployment techniques for Cisco Catalyst series switches
- Examine various QoS components, including congestion management, congestion avoidance, shaping, policing/admission control, signaling, link efficiency mechanisms, and classification and marking
- Map specified class of service (CoS) values to various queues and maintain CoS values through the use of 802.1q tagging on the Cisco Catalyst 2900XL, 3500XL and Catalyst 4000 and 2948G/2980G CatOS Family of Switches
- Learn about classification and rewrite capabilities and queue scheduling on the Cisco Catalyst 5000
- Implement ACLs, ACPs, ACEs, and low-latency queuing on the Cisco Catalyst 2950 and 3550 Family of Switches
- Understand classification, policying, and scheduling capabilities of the Catalyst 4000 and 4500 IOS Family of Switches
- Configure QoS in both Hybrid and Native mode on the Catalyst 6500 Family of Switches
- Utilize Layer 3 QoS to classify varying levels of service with the Catalyst 6500 MSFC and Flexwan
- Understand how to apply QoS in campus network designs by examining end-to-end case studies
A comprehensive introduction to the theory and practical applications of content networking
- Get a strong introduction to the basic networking concepts necessary for content networking, including network address translation, IP multicast content delivery, quality of service, and streaming media
- Master the application-layer protocols, including HTTP, SSL, RSTP, RTP and FTP
- Design redundancy and high availability by using server load balancing, Domain Name System (DNS) directory services, Cisco DistributedDirector software, proximity-based load balancing, and global sticky databases
- Learn to switch and offload encrypted content by importing, creating, and configuring certificates and keys in Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) termination devices
- Examine how to configure routers with Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) and to switch content requests to content engines for serving frequently requested objects
- Learn how to configure caching, live push- and pull-splitting, content acquisitioning, and pre-positioning using Cisco Application and Content Networking System (ACNS) software
The Cisco CCNA Discovery curriculum provides foundational networking knowledge, practical experience, opportunities for career exploration, and soft-skills development to help students prepare for entry-level careers in IT and networking. The curriculum offers a hands-on approach to learning, and uses interactive tools and easy-to-follow labs to help students learn the general theory needed to build networks.
CCNA Discovery is designed to be offered as an independent, standalone curriculum or combined with programs offered by secondary schools, technical schools, colleges, and universities. Students who enroll in CCNA Discovery are not expected to have any previous technical skills or knowledge, aside from basic PC skills.
A complete, concise reference for implementing the most important features of the Cisco Catalyst family of switches
Official self-study test preparation guide for the Cisco IPS exam 642-532
The official study guide helps you master all the topics on the IPS exam, including:
A guide to understanding the troubleshooting tools, commands, and methodologies that enable reliable performance for remote access services
Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH), Second Edition, is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCDP® foundation learning. This book provides you with knowledge of the latest developments in network design and technologies, including network infrastructure, intelligent network services, and converged network solutions. By reading this book, you will gain a thorough understanding of issues and considerations for fundamental infrastructure services, including security, network management, QoS, high availability, bandwidth use optimization through IP multicasting, and design architectures for network solutions such as voice over WLAN and e-commerce.
Whether you are preparing for CCDP certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of modular campus and edge network design and strategic solutions for enterprise networks such as storage area networking, virtual private networking, advanced addressing and routing, and data centers, you will benefit from the foundation information presented in this book.
The best fully integrated study system available
With hundreds of practice questions and hands-on exercises, CompTIA Network+ Certification Study Guide, Fourth Edition covers what you need to know-and shows you how to prepare-for this challenging exam.